Beatrice Aurore was built and designed by August Plym at Neglinge, Stockholm, in 1920. The first owner was consul Erik Brodin, but he sold her the following year. After him she had ten different owners and a number of different names over a period of 75 years. In 1946 she was acquired by Sven Salén, still a very famous yachtsman in Sweden. He named her Beatrice Aurore and owned her twice, 1946- 1956 and 1960 – 61. His son, Christer Salén, is part of the current group of owners, who acquired her in 2007. Four out of ten members of this consortium are related to the eleven previous owners of the yacht.